MARTY J SOLOMON has been litigating title claims and representing title insurers for twenty years in courts throughout Florida and around the nation. He is the Chair of the Agent’s Section of the Florida Land Title Association, and a member of the Executive Council of the Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section of the Florida Bar. He has handled title litigation, coverage litigation, title agent defalcations, closing protection letter litigation, and class actions, and has been retained as an expert witness on title insurance claims in litigation.
Mr. Solomon focuses his practice on real property litigation on behalf of owners, lenders, title agents, and title insurers. Before joining Awerbach | Cohn in 2020, Mr. Solomon had been a partner at Carlton Fields, P.A. in Tampa.
A long-time member of the Florida Land Title Association, Mr. Solomon has spoken several times at its Claims Avoidance Roundtable. He is AV-Rated by Martindale Hubbell, and has offered legal education programs on persuasive writing, the psychology of mediation, and the law of attorney-client privilege.
- Tulane University School of Law
- Juris Doctor
- New College of the University of South Florida, B.A.
- Florida, 2001
- Northern, Middle, and Southern District of Florida Courts and 11th Circuit, 2001
Seminar Lecture Participation:
- "Frame and Anchor: Use The Psychology of Mediation to Your Advantage," Stewart Title Guaranty Company Claims College, Tampa, FL (January 16, 2013)
- "Fewer Closings, More Protection: Trends in Closing Protection Letter Litigation," Florida Land Title Association, St. Petersburg, FL (April 14, 2010)
- "To Pay or Not to Pay, That is the Question: Are Consequential Damages Recoverable Under an Owner’s Policy for a Partial Failure of Title?" American Bar Association Title Insurance Litigation Committee Spring Seminar & Meeting, San Antonio, TX (February 29, 2008)
- "Attorney/Client Privilege Issues in Title Insurance Claims Handling and Litigation," The Claims Avoidance Roundtable, Florida Land Title Association, Orlando, FL (April 18, 2007)
- "Avoiding Bad Faith Claims In Florida’s Title Insurance Industry," The Claims Avoidance Roundtable, Florida Land Title Association (April 2006)
- "Developments in Equitable Subrogation," The Claims Avoidance Roundtable, Florida Land Title Association (April 2004)
- The Florida Bar Real Property Probate and Trust Law Section
- American Bar Association Tort Trial and Insurance Practice Section Title Insurance Litigation Committee (member 2002-2018)
- Florida Land Title Association (2003-present) Chair, Title Insurance Agents Section; former Chair, Claims Prevention, Avoidance, and Education Committee
- University of Tampa, Adjunct Professor, teaching legal writing (2007)